16.03.16

LGI Brings You The Med With This Warm Red

Press Release

LGI Brings You The Med With This Warm Red

Southern French specialist LGI has a warming Mediterranean red to beat the winter blues.

Founded 17 years ago, LGI is a 100% export focused company specialising in sourcing contemporary yet classic wines from the South of France via a network of partner co-operatives and wineries throughout the region. 

Monastier Cabernet Sauvignon 2014, IGP Pays d’Oc - House of Townend (www.houseoftownend.com)

RRP £7.99

Grapes for this Monastier Cabernet Sauvignon are selected from vineyards between Narbonne and Béziers in the Languedoc region.  Here, the limestone and clay-rich soils give low yields, the sun-flooded Mediterranean climate ensures the grapes ripen to their fullest, and the nearby Black Mountain brings enough humidity and cool temperatures to pack them with fruit aromas - all combining to create a well balanced wine full of freshness.  After picking, the grapes were destemmed and crushed; 70% of the juice then underwent traditional maceration in concrete tanks, while the remaining 30% was fermented and aged with new French oak staves. 

The result is a full-bodied wine with rich, smooth tannins and a long finish - the perfect accompaniment to lamb, casseroles and mature cheeses. 

- ends -

Date of issue: 16 February 2016

Further information: emma wellings pr:  t 020 8996 5168 / kristen@ew-pr.co.uk